Thursday, May 6, 2010

Char our star and a break for a week

"I've Been a Good Toy, Santa" by Julie Jacobsen

Hi!  I'm going to go visit my son and his wife on Saturday.   She was due to have their baby girl last Sunday.  I'm hoping that little twinkle toes will come while I'm there.  We sat and sat waiting for our other grandchildren-then had to go home with the baby still not born.  I hope that doesn't happen this time.

So, I won't be able to post for a little over a week.  Coming back refreshed is always a positive, though.  I hope I'll be refreshed.  At least I can get away from the dull weather here where I live in Utah.

The painting above is of our son, Charlie.  When he was about five I found a huge reindeer that had been on display at a store and was for sale.  The price was so low I didn't think twice about buying it.  Well Reindeer became Charlie's buddy.  He'd get mad at us and throw himself on Reindeer for comfort and, as you can see, he napped on Reindeer.  He was a "good toy"-worthy of Santa's attention.  It brings tears to my eyes to think that Char is now all grown up-graduating from college with 2 degrees in finance and math, with a minor in philosophy.  This is it!  This week he is out of school and out in the job market.  Who ever hires Char will be a lucky employer, indeed.  All our kids, except one, worked at the neighborhood Baskin Robbins.  When Charlie would have a day off other employees would call him for help and he'd go over there.  They would call because they couldn't get the safe open.  Charlie would go over and patiently do it for them even though he was working at another job.  He still would help them out! See what I mean?  Dang good employee.

See you in a week!

7 comments:

  1. That's a great 'family picture' Julie. I'm sure he'll treasure it in the years to come.

    Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cro. I love to do portraits of my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tender portrait that is.
    I enjoyed my look around your site, and your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable and beautifully done Julie! You must be so proud of all your kids, what wonderful people they've become. Best of luck with the new grandbaby, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Susan! We are all getting impatient around here. The little twiddle bug is 1 week late and she's taking her own sweet time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really cute painting. I love it!

    ReplyDelete