Saturday, January 22, 2011

Love the newspaper ideas

 Julie Jacobsen from a photo by Eric Ostling in the Salt Lake Tribune

Once again I had fun drawing from a newspaper photo.  This one struck me as so beautiful.  Do you remember a while back reading about how if you make a mistake make it look like you meant it?  Well, I didn't make a mistake on this but I just didn't like the way her leg was posed.  So I blended it into the fabric.  I'm sure you can see that now.  The composition looks more pleasing to me.  Before it just looked awkward.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Josh! That means a lot coming from someone so talented like you. How are things? I just haven't been with it at all lately but still trying to get some things done. I work for an airline in reservations and I try to do things while on hold.

    ReplyDelete