Friday, March 11, 2011

Green Parrots more visable now


Just quickly I wanted to show what I did now.  First of all I decided that the parrot's eye on the left didn't look right.  I had just thrown it in there before.  So I fixed that.  In examining the beaks I noticed that they were more of a combo of alizarin, burnt umber, phalo green and a tad of cadmium right light.  After jumping around and working more on the feathers I decided that the sky needed lightening.  That's what I did next.  Now I know the background leaves need some lightening also but I think I'll do that with an oil glaze (remember you can put oils on acrylics but not the other way around). 

I'm beginning to really like this painting and it looks great in my green and yellow kitchen but this is for my sister-so that's the way it goes.  I hope she'll love it.  But still more work to be done, of course.

2 comments:

Meowlissa said...

Just gorgeous. I love the colors and all the texture :)

Julie said...

Thanks so much! I love the colors also. The parrots were at Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City.

Post a Comment