Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11-comment, I must


So the 10th anniversary came and went.  I was amazed at how I felt just as bad as I did back then.  It was like it had happened just yesterday.  Even though it has been that long I still have terrifying flashbacks of Chris, Charlie and Gracie and I standing in a room in one of the buildings.  Not to say that we were in that particular room but we could have been since it was only 3 weeks before that we had been to the top of 1 tower.  I have this horrible visualization of us having to make a choice of staying or jumping.  Then I have to tell myself to not "go there" and jerk my thoughts away.  Have you ever had that happen?  When you had something happen or a possibility that is so frightening that you have to stop yourself from thinking about it?  Probably everyone does.  Maybe if I focus on it and wear out the scene I might be able to reduce the power of the bad situation.

Okay.  Time to get out my book on cd and listen.  Distract my thoughts and move on.   Like to the fact that I've got lots to do around here and sitting at this computer is wasting my time..............

No comments:

Post a Comment