Friday, February 1, 2013

YOUNG CHRIS AND THE ROCKET!

"Young Chris and the Rocket" - Julie Jacobsen

Here it is!  This is the painting that I gave to the garbage man!  I am so mad at myself!  Remember I said I tried to fix it after too many years and I messed it up.  Why, oh why, didn't I just cut out the part with Chris and the car?  Better yet-why didn't I just stick it in a corner and let it be?  But nooooooo-I just couldn't leave it alone.  I should have ignored the fact that the landscape didn't fully match the cabin area.  Dummy!  I really like it.  "Garbage Man, wherever you are, I would love to get this painting back!"  Well, that's not going to happen.  Do you think there's a website for all the garbage men that ever was?  Probably not.  

So, let this be a lesson to all of you out there.  Don't pitch a painting that has sentimental value and good elements in it!  
close up "Young Chris and the Rocket" - Julie Jacobsen

Well, these pics aren't very great because I just couldn't get this to focus right but I'll have to get a professional to do it or something.  Anyway, this is the part, at least, that I should have kept.

By the way, this is Chris in high school, I think.  It's a photo I borrowed from his friend.  See his red hair!  The Rocket was an old car that was his dad's.  I just can't believe that they drove this thing into the Uintah Mountains in the winter time!  He said the tires were so bad they had to load the trunk with spares because they would get so many flat tires on the way there.  The hand gesture was a typical "Chris mannerism".  I haven't seen him do it for years but he used to all the time.  By the way-this is a composite composition.  That's why I didn't know how the landscape looked.  I just had 2 separate photos of the cabin and Chris.  I had only been to this cabin once years before and couldn't remember what it all looked like.  I painted this for him as a surprise when we were dating.  Here comes another lesson:  never give someone a surprise party when you're dating and don't really know how they feel about these things.  He was not a happy boy at all....ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment