Saturday, May 22, 2021

I TOLD YA! MORE KITTY PAINTINGS!






 

"Lovely Theo"

by Julie Jacobsen 2021

All rights reserved




"Luna"

by Julie Jacobsen 2021

All rights reserved





"Theo"

by Julie Jacobsen 2021

All rights reserved


I suddenly realized that I better start posting.  I looked and noticed that the blogs I have followed for quite a long time had all disappeared off the side of my blog!  When that happened-I don't know!  

So!!!  Snap to!  Here I am!  Long absent and not active. I'm changing my ways!

Here are the latest cards that I have created for my lucky relatives and friends.  They have the originals and I'm sad to say that I can't enjoy them in all their textured beauty unless I visit them from time to time.  But they might appear in a series of beautiful card sets in the not too distant future.  Is that a cliche?  But I'm serious about it as I just had a set of my last cat cards sell out very quickly and there were some sad people that didn't raise their hands and say, "Me!  I want some!"  Then zip.  It was done.

I have to admit I love painting these soulful felines as they bring such joy and can be quite a challenge.  It takes hours of time to work out the textures that shimmer or dim in the light.  The eyes are especially challenging and I use a magnified light to see every detail.  Believe it or not but they have many layers of colors that can be solid or translucent.  Tricky to do!  










No comments:

Post a Comment