Thursday, October 15, 2009

REPEAT AFTER ME....Too much of a good thing.......





Alright. So, you can't throw rice at a wedding any more because of rodents. What do I have growing outside in copious quantities? Lavender. So I practically cleaned off all the blossoms from our 4 plants in front of our house. Then I put the bag in the laundry room next to the ceiling heat vent to let it all dry. Doing this was pretty good but not all of the flowers fell off the stems. So I had to remove them all. You just wouldn't believe what this did to me! My left nostril has run and run. Plus I've been sneezing constantly. It was so potent that I had to double bag it. And Gracie was afraid that it wouldn't be fragrant enough to throw at the wedding. I don't care if I ever smell that again. In fact I kept thinking of the Wicked Witch of the East saying, "Poppies will make you sleep. Nice poppies. Sllllleeeeep." Well, these were just as bad in another way. Oh what a mother won't do for her darling daughter soon to be married.

2 comments:

  1. I have never thought of doing that. It started to sound like a good idea until I finished your post. Sorry about the runny nose. Now I picture you like that little cartoon on the Puffs Plus commerical with the bright red nose. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get reaction from Sweet Annie, Julie! Never heard of this reaction from lavender. Lavender is generally thought to have a soothing effect! Sorry you had to be the one. I'm sure your daughter appreciates your efforts. It will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete