Mooncat Farms has awarded me this and I'm very honored! It is required that I pass it on to other worthy bloggers. That I will do but after I answer the award questions first:
1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; If you are not anonymous, do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
I like the way I have it now. It's not in my nature to be anonymous. You know how artists are "out there".
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:
Oh, I am a little rebel. My husband can attest to that. I just refuse to go along with certain things that I feel are ridiculous.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
Probably what everyone else my age sees: that there are new wrinkles, etc. but I think I look pretty good for my age (I hate that sound of that...blaaaa).
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
It's the same as my favorite drink all the time...Diet Coke. Well, actually, I've changed that. It's now Zevia. Zevia is a natural cola without sulfuric acid to eat away your bones. It also has some caffeine. Yea!
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Head down to my studio, eat lunch with friends, read, garden, walk outside, and work on my blog.
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
Own my very own horse/horses. I never have. Finish my Art History degree. I'm so close it hurts.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
I don't fit into any of these categories. I was part of a group and we laughed ourselves silly. I just had too much fun in school-especially junior high.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life-what would you see?
Wow. I can I pick? Too many but I have to tell about something that gives me shear delight and it's part of one of those moments. I remember laying out by my cousin's swimming pool in Santa Monica when I was a teenager all by myself. I could hear the propeller type airplanes overhead. Just the whole space in time together with the sun, the pool, the warmth and carefree day just gives me such a wonderful feeling.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
Well, I would say I share "myself" a lot but not too much. My daughter told me I better not write one of those tell all blogs that make people cringe. So you won't get any cringe stories from me. But you can't help but get a real sense of my personality by the tone in my blog.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
I am a readaholic. Does that tell you what I would pick? I do like to talk to certain people but not for long because I have to talk to people nonstop for 8 hours everyday with my job. I'm talked out most of the time.
My vote for some great blogs (and I know there are so many more out there!)
1. Shoplet.com blog (Okay, I know it's my daughter, Gracie's, work blog but you'll see that it IS a great one-never dull).
2. My Crappy Photography-great great photographic creativity.
3. The Yard Art Game - sometimes a little spicy but it's such a guilty pleasure.
4. Magnon's Meanderings - Wow! I just love to hear about the countryside of France.
5. Lemon Verbena Lady - get out in that garden and start planting-you can't help but be inspired!
6. Urban Sketchers - well I don't think they know I exist but I don't care-it's so dang interesting!
7. Josh Pincus is Crying - you know, anyone that tells all the cool stories about dead celebrities and illustrates it gets high points from me-it may be a little too spicy for some.