Friday, March 16, 2018

What is my purpose in selling cards right now?


Okay.  This is it, you guys.  This is a picture of Kip and Brandon at our cabin.  We love that place!  Our family loves it but it's so small and in such bad repair.  My main purpose in earning money with my cards is to contribute to improving or building (preferably) a new cabin.  This has been a thorn in our sides for 34 years!  At the beginning of every summer Chris and I have, what I like to call, the official "Mourning of the Cabin".  We sit there and gripe about how this isn't right and that isn't right.  Then we slap our hands and say oh well.  

Top of the list is it's so small we can't have our family stay in it.  I know we could put up tents or rent trailers but we've been through that process for years and years.  2 summers ago Chris and Kip tore off the whole backside of the cabin-which meant the old old shower is gone now.  Something has to be done about that.  Their purpose in tearing it off was to try and see how the mice were getting in.  We've tried for years to get rid of them and nothing worked!  A friend even said that mice hate the smell of Bounce dryer sheets.  So we put them all over and even left an open box on the counter at the end of the season.  The next summer Chris said that it looked like the mice had a party on top of the Bounce box and then partied continually.  Yuck.  They did find out where they got in and so far, knock on wood, they solved the problem.

Last summer we had to chop down all the dead trees and do tons of work outside.  Chris even dug a well.  I was so proud of him.  I don't know how he did it but it works!  

Anyway, I just thought if I can use my talent to make extra money it will really help get things going.  It's not like we can't afford to build a new cabin.  We can but it will drain our finances too much.  

The really good news is the cards I'm selling are working out and I love painting them!  It's not a chore!  It's really good to have a goal in mind and mine is set.  It's also so helpful for me to keep busy and not have to worry about health problems, etc.  This is a healthy distraction.

Thanks everyone that have bought cards so far but I want to keep this going.  I'm reopening my Etsy shop but they're going to be more expensive on there.  If you buy them directly from me it will be less. 

Never a dull moment.  I'm got new cards I'm working on right now!

ALSO!  I will sell prints of these if you'd like!  Just let me know.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment