Well, you guys-I did the actual calendar part 3 times! First I thought it would be cute to have each month individually pinned with a colored pin (boooo, such a dud, dumb). Then I thought I'd make it one piece and I just couldn't bare to not do pretty colors and designs in each square that I thought the numbers and letters could be written on top of. Chris said, "How can we ever read them?" I told him that he never looks at the calendar anyway. So, never mind (in MY mind I was thinking, "Yuck. This looks awful but, oh well, I want to be done with this!).
When I put the black letters on top you could hardly read them. I held it up under the pictures and it looked so bad. It competed with my design (this after instructing my friend how you need to have restful areas in a piece of art-duh) and then I continued putting the numbers on. I screwed it all up! I put 12 next to 23. I sabotaged my own success because I really didn't like it. Then I thought I would just cut out some canvas and patch them. Oh boy. That was a lousy idea and I knew it. So I purposely cut into it to ruin it.
For the 3rd time I started over (each time having to drag the sewing machine back upstairs-I knew the last time I took it down that I was jinxing it. I would mess up for sure and have to drag it up again-which I did). So, then, I went for simplicity but as meticulous as I could get it. I was so afraid I'd mess up again I penciled in the whole thing first. The pencil lines I had drawn on had to be erased. You guessed it-it smeared the lead. I had to wash it, blow dry it and then iron. Whew! It's done!