Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Red Butte Garden-1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th steps

 4th Step-Adding flowers and bringing out the individual plants by defining them.
Also brightening the path.  I'm working from a photograph and decided that the composition didn't lead the eye in.  So I reorganized it to have the path be more inviting-therefore creating some movement to an, otherwise, placid scene.  I plan to overlap plants over the path and shade it more.  As it is now it stands out too much.  I want the eye to be led in-not overwhelmed.

 3rd Step-Starting to lighten the plant areas and change some plant colors.








2nd Step-I painted the sky and used a mixture of Veridian green, emerald green, Cadmium red light and Burnt Sienna brown to establish the plant area.  I also blocked in the path using white, Ultramarine blue, Cadmium red light and a yellow.

1st Step-This is actually the beginning of my parrot painting but this painting started out the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment