Friday, November 17, 2017

I've gotten into watercolor!




I've started doing watercolors and I love it!  I'm not one of those fussy watercolorists that paint flowers that look so really you can smell them.  Sorry.  I've gotta be me with my crazy brain!


I find more and more that I can have so much fun with the freedom of watercolor.  Free to be as whimsical as I want!


This was from a sketch I did at least 15 years ago.  See why it's important to keep all your sketchbooks.  You never know what will strike you as fun in the future.


I have a lot of people that are really interested in cards and I've been testing which ones they like the best.  This little kitty is well loved and it's going to be my first test card.


I really like the calm feeling of this one!


Another favorite image that I had no idea what it was going to turn out like.


Talk about freedom!  Freedom from a ruler.  But I have found that so many really love the painterly aspects of something like this.  If you compare it to my house paintings on the side of my blog you can see that I really know how to tighten up.  These are some homes along the Hudson River in NYC that my daughter loves.

I've just been a painting fool and it's been wonderful!  I'm loving every minute of it even if I have to rip up and start over.  As I told you much earlier in my blog that you can always do that.....throw away that painting that you hate but be sure you think hard about doing it.  Maybe there's an area that you love.  Cut it out!  With enough room to restretch it.  Oh how I wish I would have done that with some of my earlier paintings but it's too late.


And just for the fun of it and we are coming up on the holidays.  I'm reposting my little acrylic Christmas painting that I love everything about (you may not agree-that's okay!).

No comments:

Post a Comment