Monday, October 25, 2010

Here we go again.....

I just thought you'd like to see the beginning stage of my new painting that I'm doing for my sister.  She and her husband love birds.  So I went to the zoo a while back and found some beautiful green parrots to paint.  Can you see that now with my underpainting?  Probably not.  But that's what this is going to be.

Okay.  So I went to the store to buy some lemon pepper and it was outrageously expensive!  So I thought, "I'm making my own!"  Hence, the bowl of ground up lemon peel.  I tried drying some first and it wouldn't even grind in my food processor it was so hard.  So I decided to grind it first.  Then dry it.  It's going to be great.  I just know it. Our family goes through a lot of it.  It's so good on raw veggies like cukes and tomatoes.  I cover a turkey or a roast with it before baking.  It's wonderful on cooked green beans.  We just use it all the time.


The last pic is of some beautiful flowers from our garden.  I just had to show them.  You know, I'm becoming a huge fan of gazanias and blanket flowers.  They are my 2 new favorites.

2 comments:

  1. You can tell you are an artist, Julie! The three photos are so complimentary to one another! Ohhh, it's supposed to be that way? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. Now that you think of it-you're right!

    ReplyDelete