Saturday, April 17, 2010

Oh cool! Sharpies sharpies sharpies!

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Sharpies--Sharpies--Sharpies-sharpies-393910_570_225.jpgWell, I always have said for years that if I listen to my kids I will find out about great new ideas.  Case in point:  When my son, Cliff, was about 12ish I finally listened to him about leather Keds/sports shoes.  He kept telling me that they are better than canvas for several years.  I wouldn't listen to him.  I thought leather would be the worst for kid's shoes.  At last I gave in and found out that the leather is the best and canvas shoes are a dud.  Tonight I looked at my daughter, Gracie's, blogs that she has joined and noticed http://www.sharpieuncapped.com/default.aspx.  Wow oh wow.  It is too much fun.  Now I want to buy all the sharpies they have.  Have all of you looked at the variety of Sharpies these days?  I had no idea that they have oil based ones.  On the Sharpieuncapped blog I saw a CAR that someone had drawn designs all over the place with a black, you guessed it, Sharpie.  Too cool for words.  Now I should know that Gracie would be a genius about this as she works for an online office supply company called shoplet.com.  She knows her company's products and then some.  I say "then some" because she spends all day looking at blogs to try to find out original ways to use the products that her company sells.  I think you'd find her office blog, http://blog.shoplet.com/, very interesting and it isn't just because my daughter writes it.

  You should check it out.  One of the things I really like about it is that she presents services and great ideas that people do-like the guy that wraps gifts in a very creative way.  I always like it when someone goes out of their way to support others.  I mean, we can all use a helping hand every once in a while, right?

Whew!  I finished the baby quilt and pillow and now can get back to some art work-although I have a final next week in my class and if it's like the last test it will be a humdinger-must get studying.....blaaaaaaaa.

5 comments:

  1. Never heard of these. I don't think we have them over here. Thanks for your 'mention'.

    Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cro! You all don't have Sharpies? They're really just felt tip pens and I know you must have those. We are probably both old enough to remember life without felt tip pens. Remember? If you wanted to make a poster you had to paint the letters or use something like crayons. The first Magic Markers were truly magic to all of us. Then I remember when the fine tipped markers came out when I was in high school, I think. They were so great. Then they came out in different colors. I couldn't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. I didn't realise this was just another name for 'felt-tips', or 'magic-markers'. I can read your posting differently now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that Sharpie blog awhile back and love it. I'll check out your daughter's office blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cro,I'm ready to order order but must wait to see if my new job (hopefully) comes through. 3rd interview tomorrow. How are you all doing over there with the volcano problems? I bet no one is doing much traveling northwards of you.

    Oh goodie! Yes, if you read the office blog it's all Gracie. It's her all the way. She's something else.

    ReplyDelete